From the center of Lille to Villeneuve d'Ascq:
- By train from :
- London: 2 hours (return ticket 150 Euros) using
- Paris: 1 hour (return ticket 75 Euros) using
- Bruxelles (40 minutes, return ticket 45 Euros)
- For travelling to Lille from Great Britain or Benelux, a good choice
is probably to go first to London or Bruxelles and then to take the
TGV (called Eurostar in London
and Thalys in Bruxelles).
- By plane
- The airport of
Lille-Lesquin is located 10 kms away from the University. There
are direct flights to Lille from many French towns and
convenient flights from several European cities
(with a connection in Nice, Lyon, Bordeaux or Marseille). Among these cities :
Barcelona, Berlin, Bologna, Franckfurt, Geneve, Lisboa, Madrid, Milano,
München, Oporto, Prague, Roma, Wien, Zürich.
- Connection from airports to railway stations are
detailed on http://idf.sncf.fr/GB/
Paris has two major airports : "Roissy Charles de Gaulle"
and "Orly". If you can choose, use the former one. Indeed
next to Terminal 2A in "Roissy Charles de Gaulle",
there is a railway station. From there, you can go
directly to Lille by TGV (high speed train) within 40 min.
If you land in Orly, you need to take the ORLYVAL (train)
and then the RER (fast subway) to get at the "Gare du Nord"
in Paris where you can take a TGV to Lille.
- Note: there is no flight from Paris to Lille
since the TGV connects the two cities in one hour.
Once you are on the campus:
- by subway (15 min): (Transpole
company) line 1 towards Quatre cantons.
Stop at Cité Scientifique. Click here
to see the subway map.
- by taxi (15 min): from Lille Flandres Railway Station
(about 15 Euros)
- There should be signs indicating the way from the
Cité Scientifique to the Macc and the Ascotel Hotel.
You can as well use the following maps:
Campus Map and Access map.
Last modified on Fri Jul 5 11:46:51 MET DST 2002