Computer Algebra Conferences
SIGSAM regularly sponsors conferences and special sessions of
conferences. ACM SIGSAM has a number of flexible sponsorship options
which provide many scientific, publication and financial benefits. We
encourage conference organizers to discuss these possibilities with
ISSAC: The International Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic Computation
ISSAC is the premier annual computer algebra conference. It is regularly
sponsored by ACM SIGSAM. The official ACM archive of
ISSAC proceedings (1989--present) can be found
More information, including upcoming and past conferences, can be found here.
CASC: Workshop on Computer Algebra in Scientific Computing
- CASC 2014 Warsaw, Poland. September 8-12, 2014.
- CASC 2013 Berlin, Germany. September 9-13, 2013.
- CASC 2012 Maribor, Slovenia. September 3-6, 2012.
- CASC 2011 Kassel, Germany. September 5-9, 2011.
- CASC 2010. Tsakhkadzor, Armenia. Proceedings in LNCS 6244.
- CASC 2007. Bonn, Germany. Proceedings in LNCS 4770.
- CASC 2006. Chisinau, Moldova. Proceedings in LNCS 4194.
- CASC 2005. Kalamata, Greece. Proceedings in LNCS 3718.
- CASC 2004. St. Petersburg, Russia.
- CASC 2003. Passau, Germany.
- CASC 2002. Big Yalta, Crimea, Ukraine.
- CASC 2001. Konstanz, Germany.
- CASC 2000. Samarkand, Uzbekistan.
- CASC 1999. Munich, Germany.
- CASC 1998. St. Petersburg, Russia.
SNC: International Workshop on Symbolic-Numeric Computing
Computer Algebra Systems and their Applications (CASA)
The CASA series of conferences are held withing the annual International Conference on Computational Science.
- CASA 2010 Fukuoka, Japan.
- CASA 2009 Yongin, Korea.
- CASA 2008 Perugia, Italy. Proceedings in LNCS 5101.
- CASA 2007. Beijing, China. Proceedings in LNCS 4488.
- CASA 2006 Reading, UK. Proceedings in LNCS 3992.
- CASA 2005 Atlanta, USA. Proceedings in LNCS 3516.
- CASA 2004 Krakow, Poland. Proceedings in LNCS 3039.
- CASA 2003 St. Petersburg, Russia. Proceedings in LNCS 2657.
MACIS: Mathematical Aspects of Computer and Information Sciences
MACIS is a new series of conferences where foundational research on
theoretical and practical problems of mathematics for computing and
information processing may be presented and discussed.
ECCAD: The East Coast Computer Algebra Day
The East Coast
Computer Algebra day has been an annual event since 1994. More
information can be found
- ECCAD '14, April 26th, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina.
- ECCAD '13, April 27th, United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland.
- ECCAD '12, May 12th, Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan.
- ECCAD '11, April 9th, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario.
- ECCAD '10, May 15th, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia.
- ECCAD '09, May 2nd, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhodes Island.
- ECCAD '08, May 10th, Shepherd University, Sheperdstown, WV.
- ECCAD '07, Washington College, Chestertown, PA.
- ECCAD '06, Drexel U, Philadelphia, PA.
- ECCAD '05, March 12th, Ashland U, Ashland, Ohio.
- ECCAD '04, May 8th, Wilfrid Laurier U, Waterloo, Ontario.
- ECCAD '03, April 5, Clemson U, Georgia.
- ECCAD '02, May 18, City College of New York.
- ECCAD '01, May 5, 2001, Florida State U. Tallahassee.
- ECCAD '00, May 13, 2000, U. of Western Ontario, London, ON.
- ECCAD '99, North Carolina State University, Raleigh.
- ECCAD '98, April 25, 1998, Naval Academy, Annapolis.
- ECCAD '97, May 3, 1997, Northeastern University, Boston.
- ECCAD '96, April 13, 1996, IBM Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights.
- ECCAD '95, April 8, 1995, Smith Hall, U. of Delaware, Newark DE.
- ECCAD '94, May 14, 1994, Drexel U, Philadelphia.
The Rhine Workshop on Computer Algebra (RWCA)
Foundations of Computational Mathematics (FoCM)
FoCM conferences are held every three years. More information about
the FoCM series can be found
- FoCM 2008. City University of Hong Kong, China.
- FoCM 2005. Universidad de Cantabria, Santander, Spain.
- FoCM 2002. University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA.
- FoCM 1999. Oxford University, Oxford, U.K.
- FoCM 1997. IMPA, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
AAECC: International Conference on Applied Algebra and Error-Correcting Codes
- AAECC-15: Toulouse, France, 2003. Proceedings in LNCS 2643.
- AAECC-14: Melbourne, Australia, 2001. Proceedings in LNCS 2227.
- AAECC-13: Hawaii, USA, 1999. Proceedings in LNCS 1719.
- AAECC-12: Toulouse, France. Proceedings LNDS 1255. 1997.
- AAECC-11: July 1995 Paris, France Proceedings: Cohen G., Giusti M., Mora
T. Editors, Lecture notes in computer science 948, 1995
- AAECC-10: May 1993 San Juan de Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico Proceedings: Cohen
G., Mora T., Moreno O. Editors, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 673, Springer,
- AAECC-9: October 1991 New Orleans, USA Proceedings: Mattson H.F., Mora T.,
Rao T.R.N. Editors, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 539, Springer, 1991
- AAECC-8: August 1990 Tokyo, Japan Proceedings: sakata S. Editor, Lecture
Notes in Computer Science 508, Springer, 1991
- AAECC-7 Proccedings: North-Holland, Amsterdam
- AAECC-6: July 1988 Rome, Italy. Proceedings: Mora T. Editor, Lecture Notes
in Computer Science 357, Springer, 1989
- AAECC-5: June 1987 Menorca, Spain Proceedings: Huguet L., Poli A. Editors,
Lecture Notes in Computer Science 356, Springer, 1989
- AAECC-4: September 1986 Karlsruhe, Germany Proceedings: Beth T. Clausen
M.Editors, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 307, Springer, 1988
- AAECC-3: July 1985 Grenoble, France Proceedings: Calmet J. Editor, Lecture
Notes in Computer Scienc 229, Springer, 1986
- AAECC-2: October 1984 Toulouse, France Proceedings: Poli. A. Editor, Lecture
Notes in Computer Science 228, Springer, 1984.
- AAECC-1 June 1983, Toulouse, France. Proceedings in Discrete Math 56, 1985.
PASCO: International Symposium Parallel Symbolic Computation.
- PASCO'10. Grenoble, France. July 21-23, 2010.
- PASCO'07. London, Ontario, Canada. 2007
- PASCO'97. Maui, Hawaii, USA. 1997.
- PASCO'94. RISC, Linz, Austria, 1994.
- CAP '88. Computer Algebra and Parallelism, Grenoble, France.
Academic Press ISBN 0-12-209042-x.
ACA: Applications of Computer Algebra
The Applications of Computer Algebra (ACA) conference has been held
annually since 1995. The conference is arranged as a collection
of sessions on specific topics of interest, which solicit papers.
No formal proceedings are produced, but in some years there has been a special
journal issue associated with the conference.
More information, including upcoming conferences, can be found on the ACA main web site here
The Calculemus Interest
Group is dedicated to advancing the integration of symbolic
computation and formal deduction in mathematical software systems and
computer-aided verification tools. They run an annual symposium.
Mathematical Knowledge Management
The MKM interest group is a loosely coupled network of research
groups and individuals interested in joining forces for the study and
design of software systems for mathematical knowledge management.
They have held an annual workshop since 2001.
Annual Computer Algebra Conferences pre-ISSAC
The regular ISSAC conference was directly proceeded by a series of
annual conferences with names SYMSAC, EUROCAL, EUROSAM and EUROCAM.
- EUROCAL '87. Proceedings of the 1987 European Conference on Computer Algebra.
J. H. Davenport (Editor). Leipzig, GDR. Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer
Science, Vol. 378. (Table
- SYMSAC '86. Proceedings of the 1986 Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic
Computation. B. Char (Editor). ACM Press.
- EUROCAL '85. Proceedings of the 1985 European Conference on Computer Algebra,
Vol. I. B. Buchberger (Editor).
Linz, Austria. Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 203.
- EUROCAL '85. Proceedings of the 1985 European Conference on Computer Algebra,
Vol. II. B. F. Caviness (Editor).
Linz, Austria. Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 204.
- EUROSAM '84. Proceedings of the 1984 International Symposium on Symbolic
and Algebraic Manipulation, J. Fitch (Editor). Cambridge, England. Springer-Verlag
Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 174. (Table
- EUROCAL '83. Proceedings of the 1983 European Conference on Computer Algebra.
J. A. van Hulzen (ed.). London, England. Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in
Computer Science, Vol. 162. (Table
- EUROCAM '82. Proceedings of the 1982 European Computer Algebra Conference.
J. Calmet, (Editor). Marseilles, France. Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in
Computer Science, Vol. 144.
- SYMSAC '81. Proceedings of the 1981 ACM Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic
Computation. P. S. Wang (Editor), ACM Press, New York, 1981.
- EUROSAM '79. Proceedings of the 1979 International Symposium on Symbolic
and Algebraic Manipulation. E. W. Ng, (Editor). Marseilles, France. Springer-Verlag
Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 72. (Table
- SYMSAC '76. Proceedings of the 1976 ACM Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic
Computation. R. D. Jenks (ed.), ACM Press, New York, 1976.
- SYMSAM '71. Proceedings of the 1971 Second Symposium on Symbolic and Algebraic
Manipulation, S. R. Petrick (ed.), ACM Press, New York, 1971.
MACSYMA Users' Conference
- MACSYMA '84 V. E. Golden (Editor), Proceedings of the Third MACSYMA Users' Conference, Schenectady, New York, 1984.
- MACSYMA '79 V.E. Lewis (Editor), Proceedings of the 1979 MACSYMA Users' Conference, Schenectady, Washington DC, MIT Laboratory for Computer Science.
- MACSYMA '77 Proceedings of the 1977 MACSYMA Users' Conference, Berkeley, CA, NASA CP-2012
Computers and Mathematics
- Computers and Mathematics, MIT, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1989.
- Computers and Mathematics, Stanford, California, 1986.
- Computers and Mathematics, New York NY. 1983.