Computer Algebra Software
SIGSAM maintains a collection of references to computer algebra
systems and a consistent citation policy
Click the name of each system to see further information and
linkes, including citation information.
General purpose commercial systems
Broad purpose free computer algebra systems
- Axiom: a general-purpose, strongly typed,
computer algebra system.
- CoCoA: a computer algebra system for doing computations in Commutative Algebra.
- Fermat: a computer algebra system oriented towards polynomial and matrix algebra over the rationals and finite fields.
- GAP: a System for Computational Discrete Algebra.
- KASH/KANT: computer algebra system for sophisticated computations in algebraic number fields and global function fields.
- Macaulay2: a system for research in
algebraic geometry and commutative algebra.
- Reduce: an interactive system for
general algebraic computations of interest to mathematicians,
scientists and engineers.
- SAGE: an open-source general purpose
computer algebra system.
- SINGULAR: a Computer Algebra System for polynomial computations with special emphasis on the needs of commutative algebra, algebraic geometry, and singularity theory.
- PARI/GP: a computer algebra system
designed for for fast computations in number theory.
Special Purpose Systems, Packages and Libraries
- ACE : a Maple library providing tools
useful in algebraic combinatorics.
- Albert: an interactive program to assist
the specialist in the study of nonassociative algebras.
- ANUNQ: a GAP package for the computation
of nilpotent factor groups of finitely presented groups.
- ANUPQ: an interactive interface to the p-quotient, p-group generation and standard presentation algorithms of the ANU pq C program.
- CALI: a REDUCE package
for computational commutative algebra.
- CASA: a Computer Algebra System for Algebraic Geometry.
- CHEVIE: a computer algebra system for symbolic calculations with generic character tables of groups.
- EinS: a Mathematica package allowing one
to perform symbolic calculations with indexed objects.
- Felix: a special computer algebra system
for the computation in commutative and non-commutative rings and
- FeynArts: a Mathematica package for
the generation and visualization of Feynman diagrams and amplitudes.
- GiNaC: a system to allow the creation of
integrated systems that embed symbolic manipulations together with
more established areas of computer science.
- GRAPE: a GAP package for constructing and
analysing graphs related to groups, finite geometries, and designs.
- GUAVA: a GAP package for computing with error-correcting codes.
- LiDIA: A C++ Library For Computational Number Theory.
- LiE: A Computer algebra package for Lie group computations.
- MOLGEN: a system for the computation of
all structural formulae that correspond to a given molecular formula.
- ORME: a package for equational theoreies.
- SONATA: a system for the construction
and the analysis of finite nearrings.